11.29.2011

The Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge: Day 2

Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge

Day 2
Your Favorite Holiday Tradition (new or old)

This is one hubby and I started a few years ago - seeing how many times we can watch 24 Hours of "A Christmas Story" on TBS.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/TBS/Images/Dynamic/i32/christmas_story4_500x322_121320061111.jpg

It starts on Christmas Eve (I want to say around 7pm CST) and replays every 2 hours for 24 hours straight (that's a total of 12 showings!).

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51S0GPD2SCL._SL500_AA300_.jpgHubby and I both LOVE this movie - it's probably our favorite full-length Christmas movie (the original Grinch is probably my favorite holiday short). We usually catch it twice before falling asleep, once in the morning and then at least once (sometimes twice) while visiting with my in-laws as my Father-in-Law hates watching it more than once and if he notices it's on the second airing we've watched there he'll flip, lol...

We can't wait to show it to Jay (hubby's already started quoting lines to him, such as "I can't put my arms down!" whenever we bundle him up, lol...) and has mentioned several times we need to get him a pink bunny suit like the one Ralphie's aunt sends him and his mom makes him try on, lol... It'll be a few years before Jay "gets" it but oh well - start 'em young!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your thoughts?