This commercial plays on tv all the time and is a service that is supposed to make your computer run faster.
Whether or not it's a scam, who knows... but what I want to know is...
If it says it's strictly for MS Windows and PC, then why in the commercial are 2 out of the 3 computers shown clearly macs??? One's a white iBook, another is an iMac - the black computer is the only one that's actually a PC!
This completely baffles me - if you're making a commercial for Windows/PC clean up software you would think the computers used in your commercial would be a PC!
One of my bosses received this joke in his email the other day and I thought it was funny and cute enough to post! Sure it might not be quite accurate, but it's still funny!
A man down south loved to cook Venison on his grill, however the community he lived in was mostly Catholic and during Lent the smell of the deer meat on the grill drove them crazy as they couldn't eat it.
One day, several of them went to the man and explained it to him and convinced him to convert to Catholicism since most of the community was. The Priest cast holy water on the man, proclaiming "You were born a Baptist, you were raised as a Baptist, but now you are Catholic!"
The next weekend, the people in the community began to smell the deer meat on the grill again and promptly called the priest to go talk to the man. The priest quickly hurried over to the man's house, prepared to explain to him again how Lent works.
When he arrived however, he saw the man, standing over his grill with holy water, sprinkling the deer meat, saying "You were born a deer, you were raised as a deer, but now you are a catfish!"
My aunt in the Carolinas forwarded this to me and I thought it was pretty good advice - some fun little reminders for life!
- 1) Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
- 2) Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
- 3) Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
- 4) When you say, 'I love you,' mean it.
- 5) When you say, 'I'm sorry,' look the person in the eye.
- 6) Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
- 7) Believe in love at first sight.
- 8) Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who don't have dreams don't have much.
- 9) Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.
- 10) In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
- 11) Don't judge people by their relatives.
- 12) Talk slowly but think quickly.
- 13) When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, 'Why do you want to know?'
- 14) Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- 15) Say 'bless you' when you hear someone sneeze.
- 16) When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
- 17) Remember the three R's:
- Respect for self;
- Respect for others;
- and Responsibility for all your actions.
- 18) Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- 19) When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- 20) Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
- 21) Spend some time alone.