My first blog award - how exciting!
The Geek Girls Unite award!
Here are the rules:
List ten geeky facts about yourself and Pass this award onto your favorite female geeks!
Sounds simple enough!
- I'm a "recovering" World of Warcraft addict and started playing 5 years ago this month even though I'm currently on a brief hiatus you have no idea how tempted I get to reactivate my account! I can actually hold my own in the game and know what I'm doing, being a decent raider when play. It's also my fault my husband and his brothers played, as he started playing after I talked it up, lol...
- I can relate so many words/phrases into WoW or other geek references - this has happened in church during sermons before and I tend to get hubby to laugh when I point them out to him, lol...
- I've always enjoyed reading books and truly getting lost in a series, only putting the book down when I *have* to. While some kids would show off their Pogs or sports cards or whatever, me and my friends would bring our books to school and show them off to each other!
- I had a HUGE X-Files obsession when I was in 5th-7th grades. I wanted to be on the series when I was old enough and be Alex Krycek's girl, I participated in writing fanfic's on the old Prodigy BBs back in the day, everything I did could be related to the X-Files (I should get pictures of some my artwork from 5th grade art class and post em! lol...)
- I used to go to ACEN - the big anime convention just outside Chicago every May, however the past few years I either couldn't afford to go or afford to take the time off work to go. When I did go though, I used to dress up and cosplay (I'll have to make a post and share my costumes!).
- I have had a conversation with my husband discussing the various degrees of "geekdom" - we decided that the first degree is labeled "dork" which includes casual gamers, you like some geeky things but you wouldn't really consider yourself "one of us" as you're not very hardcore - the majority of people you encounter can fall into this category. The second degree is "geek" - you're a pretty hardcore gamer, can discuss the mechanics of the games among mechanics of other geeky things, you keep up to date on geeky things, have some obsessions with geeky things, look for geeky things to wear or novelty items just to have, etc - this is the category I would say I fit in. Then the 3rd degree is "nerd" - you go out of your way to read the mechanics of things just for fun, they're hardcore gamers, they're extremely smart and they know it, you can generally tell the nerds apart from the geeks as they seem to have an even deeper intense knowledge and intelligence about than most everyone else. They do complex math in their heads, have science related majors, etc. My hubby would fall into this one.
- While I'd have to say comedies are my favorite movie genre, I do enjoy most Sci-fi and fantasy flicks.
- I had a Mac before they were "cool" or "in."
- If it were only up to me, I would name my first son Atreyu after the character in the Never Ending Story and call him Trey for short because I just think that makes for an AWESOME name! Unfortunately hubby has veto'd this, as he didn't like the Never Ending Story, but I still hope to change his mind! hehe
- These days I wear my glasses instead of my contacts the majority of the time.
I could probably write more, but these are the first 10 that come to mind =)
I'm giving this award to....
- Eleni @ RPG Called Life
- Christina @ Lights. Camera. Drama
- Sophia/Pinkie @ Pinkie Larue
- Heather @ High Heels and Heat Transfer
- Jeny @ Once Upon a Time, Jeny Was Fat (not a geeky blog, but she's just as awesome as me! hehe)
Feel free to pass it on, ladies!