11.24.2010

Oh happy day!

I must say, I love this time of year (despite the cold weather)!

Today the first of our packages from Amazon.com arrived AND my friend who had the PartyLite party a few weeks ago dropped off the stuff I ordered from there.

This year for Christmas I had a pretty nice gift card balance in my Amazon account so we decided to help save money on gifts this year we would order a good chunk of it online.

Our stuff from Amazon is in 3 shipments.

The Original Christmas Classics (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer/Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town/Frosty the Snowman/Frosty Returns/Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol/Little Drummer Boy/Cricket on the Hearth)The first shipment arrived today, 2 days early, so that was exciting as this shipment had something I ordered for us - on Saturday they had a 1 day sale where you could get the DVD set of 7 Classic Christmas specials for just $12.99 and since I already had it in our cart, I just added a few other items to that order to get the free shipping on order of $25 or more. I'm really excited to have this DVD set and look forward to watching the specials on it with Jay in the years to come. It has the 4 major classic - Frosty the Snowman, Little Drummer Boy, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, as well as Frosty Returns, Cricket on the Hearth and the Mr. Magoo Christmas special. I've been wanting to get it ever since they released it a few years ago as they don't show these ones on TV nearly as much as they did when I was growing up (Frosty was always my favorite!), but it was always at least $30 which we never really had the extra money to spend on it. Amazon had it for $16.99 so I thought that wasn't bad, but when I got the email about it being on sale for $12.99 one day only at 3am I jumped on that!

Our 2nd Amazon order just got shipped out today (I was waiting for the price on an item to drop back down as it went up over the weekend) and should arrive sometime next week, while the 3rd order won't ship til mid-December as it was an item that we pre-ordered and hasn't been released yet. We will have it by Christmas though! We got some really good deals on stuff though - if you're on a budget for Christmas gifts, I really recommend checking out Amazon as they got tons of great deals going on and if you order $25 or more you get free shipping too!

Other than that, we got 2 gifts through PartyLite, another I'm getting with giftcards from Gamestop as soon as the 2nd giftcard arrives in the mail (I was hoping it comes today so I can use it Friday as the items we're getting are $20 cheaper that day), then I need to pick up a gift at Barnes and Noble on Friday and a few things at Walmart and we are all done and I can wrap em up and put em under our tree which we're setting up this weekend! Yay!

I enjoy shopping - whether it's for myself or others and I love when the gifts we ordered start arriving!

Now I need to finish getting ready as I'm running out to the mall to pick up a Pewter candle snuffer for $2.99 that my friend who works at Yankee Candle is holding for me (she said it's the last one they have in the store and isn't sure when more will be in as they sell out pretty fast!) and then pick up my sister and meet hubby at the movie theater across town as we're seeing Harry Potter and the Really Long Camping Trip, er Deathly Hallows part 1 tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Christmas specials! We have a VHS of Christmas specials my parents recorded off of TV when we were kids. It has Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer. The others that I remember are 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, Santa Bear, a Sesame Street Christmas episode, and A Muppet Family Christmas (my favorite). Unfortunately, the tape is wearing out by now. I wish I could get them all on a good quality DVD.

    ReplyDelete

What's your thoughts?