Time to take a moment and look back at the goals I made at the beginning of October, see how I did, and then make new goals for November!
1. Enjoy our trip to Dallas
As seen by my post the other day, I did enjoy our trip (minus the last 24hours of it), so I'd say this was a success!
2. Don't spend too much money on Jay
I'd like to say we did pretty good on this one - we bought him some Cowboys related items down in Dallas, but we had planned on doing that, and I don't think I've spent too much this past month on other cute things for him - I've been pretty good, if I may say so myself!
3. Eat a slice of pumpkin pie
I haven't officially had a piece of pie, although I have gotten the pumpkin pie Blizzard at Dairy Queen a few times this past month... I wouldn't call this one a complete bust, but I have yet to eat actual pie yet.
4. Finish Kyle XY
I did that! And posted my thoughts about the show too - kinda wish it had a 4th season like they were planning to tie everything up as it ended with some really major cliffhangers as they weren't planning on being canceled and figured they'd have a 4th season to wrap up some of the major stuff and maybe end it. For a teenage sci-fi drama though, it was pretty good!
5. Finish Lego Star Wars Wii
Nope, although I did finish Episode 4 and so I only have the last 2 to go (which is like 12 levels).
6. Finish 1 Book
Yep - I finished "A Touch of Dead: The Complete Sookie Stackhouse Stories" by Charlaine Harris. It's a book that compiles 5 Sookie short stories that take place throughout the series and it's a good way to fill your Sookie-verse fix while you wait for the next season of True Blood or for the next book to come out. I also started "World War Z" by Max Brooks too as I figured with Halloween this past weekend, it was an appropriate book to read!
7. Work on my cross-hatch project
No, I kinda forgot about this one... although I did finish the panels that go over my stove AND I put together a centerpiece (sort of) for our kitchen table!
I think 4/5 out of 7 aren't bad for last month!
Now, goals for November:
1. Finish Lego Star Wars Wii2. Finish my book and start a new one3. Enjoy Thanksgiving4. Continue on the home-owning/house-hunting stuff5. Eat some pumpkin pie!6. Don't stress about money7. Take stuff to goodwill (I have 2 bags I keep meaning to take)
8. Go see a movie in the theaters (we haven't in awhile!)
9. Find a winter coat that fits and a pair of boots I can wear (since I'm preggo and my normal winter coat doesn't zip over my belly and my only boots are heels).