11.23.2010

Another fun Holiday meme!

Since I'm in the holiday mood this week, I thought I post another fun holiday themed survey/meme/questionnaire that Angela from High on Life/Lariats and Lavender shared today =)

1. What are your plans for the holidays? Do you travel at Thanksgiving?
If you celebrate Christmas, do you travel then, too?

As previously mentioned, Thanksgiving we tend to alternate each year as both our families do dinner and hubby's family lives just over an hour drive away and trying to make both just isn't something we feel like trying to squeeze in. This year we are at my in-law's for Thanksgiving, next year we'll be back at my parent's (who do Thanksgiving with my aunt, uncle and little cousin who live here in town).


Christmas is an easy one for us, as my family does all our Christmas stuff on Christmas Eve and then we head out around 1030/11am on Christmas Day to drive out to my inlaws for the day to celebrate with them.

2. How do you make the plans for the holiday?
If you have a significant other, how do you decide which family to visit?

Doh, think I answered this one in #1 - we alternate Thanksgiving every year and then spend Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas Day with hubby's.

3. Do you have your Thanksgiving meal at lunch or later in the day?

Around normal dinnertime hours - it's not Thanksgiving DINNER if you eat it at lunchtime =D

4. Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving tradition?

Not really for Thanksgiving aside from getting together and eating lots of delicious food! Oh and watching Cowboys football!

5. After a big meal do you lounge around or get up and take a walk?

For Thanksgiving, we lounge around, usually gathered around the TV and watch a movie/DVD together (with my family we usually watch a popular Christmas movie to kick off the Christmas season). After Christmas Eve dinner we gather and open presents and then after Christmas dinner we tend to lounge around and watch a movie or DVD together.

6. Do you shop on “Black Friday” or do you avoid it?

I tend to go out at some point during Black Friday - I remember in high school getting up and going out at like 10am to get some good deals at the mall. Last year was the first year I actually got up at the crack of dawn, but mainly because I was working at Sears Essentials at 6am and I since I was off at 10am and Walmart had deals til noon and was located next door, I stopped over there. This year we're actually staying up, as we're planning on getting back from my in-laws around 1am and then figure we'll go get in line for Target to open at 4am since they have a 40" flat screen TV for $298 that we really want (we've never had a flat screen and we're on our last TV - this is our Christmas present to ourselves this year).

7. When do you usually finish your Christmas shopping?

Usually pretty early - I like to get a head start so I start planning out gifts prior to Black Friday and usually finish early in December. This year, assuming I get out to Walmart, Barnes and Noble and Gamestop on Black Friday (also assuming my 2nd gift card to there comes in) we should be mostly done this Friday. This year I have a nice gift card balance for Amazon.com so we ordered most of our gifts from there, with the exception of a few items I'm planning on picking up on Black Friday. One gift though won't be here til right before Christmas though as it's a pre-order.

8. Do you and your significant other exchange gifts?
Is there a budget?

Usually we do (and the budget is usually at least $50, sometimes $100 just depends on how we are financially that year), although this year since we both want that TV and it's kind of an expensive gift, we're saying that's our present to each other this year.

9. When do you decorate for the holidays?

It's always been tradition in my family that we don't start putting Christmas decorations up until the weekend after Thanksgiving - then we pull out the tree and everything else and start getting to work!

10. Do you go “all out” with the decor or do you keep it simple?

I'd say somewhere in between - we have a Christmas tree that I bought back in college that's in pretty good shape and I put Christmas decorations up around our main room and stuff along the top of the window to make it look festive in here. Being that we're in an apartment though and not a house we can't really go "all out" yet since we can't really decorate much on the outside. But I make due with what we have =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your thoughts?