11.08.2010

Music Shuffle Monday 11.08.10

1. "Vermillion" by Slipknot
http://www.veryicon.com/icon/png/Media/iPod,%20Therefore%20I%20Am/iPod%20Mini%20Blue.pngThis song goes back aways, as it's off their album "Vol. 3 (The Subliminal Verses)" which was out back when I was in high school. As mentioned previously, I'm not really a huge Slipknot song but I do like most of their songs that I've heard on the radio, I just don't have a desire to rush out and get any of their albums. I do find the multiple drummer thing they got going on to be pretty neat though!

2. "Anything Right" by P.O.D. with Christian from Blindside
This is off "Satellite" - P.O.D.'s follow-up to their breakthrough album "The Fundamental Elements of Southtown." It's typical P.O.D. and while I had both albums mentioned, I only really liked a handful of tracks on them. This song combines many different elements - strings for a bit of a melodic feel and then it's got the bass and guitars bringing in the metal and a little bit of screaming as well. It's an interesting mix!

3. "Sexyback/Thunderstruck"
This is a mash-up of Justin Timberlake's "Sexyback" with AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" and it's actually a pretty good mash-up as it flows really well together! My buddy at the movie theater had this one and a few others that he got me copies of as they were all pretty good. Hubby's not much for Justin Timberlake but he did seem to enjoy this mix when it came up on the iPod during our drive down to Dallas a few weeks ago.

4. "With Arms Wide Open" by Creed
Ah Creed... these guys were HUGE when I was in high school - this album ("Human Clay") particularly! While this track isn't one of my favorites, it did grow on me as it has a meaning and story behind it. Singer Scott Stapp wrote it when he found out he was going to be a daddy so it's a song to his unborn child which is pretty sweet.

5. "Rainbow in the Dark" by Dio
RIP Dio! For those that forgot, metal legend Ronnie James Dio, most known for his major hit "Holy Diver," lost his battle with stomach cancer and passed away last May. While I admitted before, other than "Holy Diver" I'm not that familiar with a lot of his songs, this is another great song by Dio that they also still play on the radio - if you listen to any rock/metal stations that still play older stuff you've most likely heard this one before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your thoughts?