30 Days of Me: Day 25 - Your day, in great detail

hahaha - back in the Livejournal days, people used to complain about me describing my day "in great detail" so this is kind of ironic!

This is for the day of Thursday, November 4, 2010:

At midnight I was playing me some WoW. I had logged in for the first time in like a month and had quite a bit of stuff to do as the BIG patch came out since the time I had last played - I spent a good 45 minutes or so logging into the characters I actually play and spec'ing/glyphing them and visiting trainers to make sure they had learned all their available spells since some things had changed (my hunter too the longest as I had to spec all her pets again). By this time I was finally doing some leveling/questing on my rogue (which I hate that you have to spec into 1 tree first before you can put points in the other 2 as my rogue was always more of a hybrid as I had points in all 3 trees!) and I was watching a late night mini-marathon of Rock of Love season 1 on VH1.

By 1:30am I logged off and sat in bed watching more old Rock of Love episodes and started experiencing some pretty nasty heartburn. I took a few Tums but they didn't seem to help much - it still hurt pretty bad!

A little before 3am I laid down in an attempt to soothe my heartburn and soon fell asleep to Sex and the City reruns on TBS while waiting for hubby to get home from UPS.

I woke up at about 9am when hubby was leaving for work - he nudged me and kissed me goodbye like usual, letting me know he was leaving for Verizon. I got up moments later to relieve myself as my bladder kinda sucks due to Jay taking up space down there, lol... I went to climb back into bed for 30-45 more minutes of sleep but stupid Tiger snuck into the bedroom and wouldn't leave my feet alone under the covers.

I finally woke up for good around 945am and ate breakfast - a bowl of cottage cheese and some crackers with juice - while watching the end of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air on TBS and I ended up kicking Tiger out of the bedroom so I could eat without her harassing me. After breakfast I did my normal morning routine - brush teeth, rid myself of stupid feminine facial hair, take a shower, do my skincare regime, get dressed, put on make-up - and set out for work around 11am.

The "low fuel" light came on in the rental the other morning when I went to work and since I'm unfamiliar with how long you can drive an Impala with the light on before it dies on you I decided I better stop by the gas station on my way to work. I didn't know what side the pump goes on though til I pulled up - of course it was on the opposite I had pulled up to the pump so I had to circle around the gas station to get it on the correct side.

I made it to work around 1130am, filled up my water bottle and got straight to work, showing my boss what I had done on some project she wanted me to start after she left on Tuesday. She also went over information for a brochure for some young golf prodigy in town she has connections to that she wanted me to put together. I put together our mailing for the day (where I look up potential stores, mail merge their info into a letter and envelope template in Word and print those out and stuff them in envelopes with a brochure and flyer for our business) and then I started work on that brochure for the young golf prodigy while I warmed up my lunch in the microwave (I've started bringing in those TV dinners you get at the store for like $1 or 10 for $10 at Kroger). After lunch I finished up on the brochure, with boss lady going over it. Both the guys left early and she was beginning to head out around 245pm and stopped to tell me the unfortunate news. I ended up leaving just after 3pm.

I got home a little after 330pm and went to the bathroom as soon as I got home. Then I called the lady at the bank again to see about us coming in next week to run hubby's credit report again and see where we're at, however she didn't answer so I left a message.

Around 4pm I started searching job listings online - first I searched HotJobs by Monster.com/Yahoo which our local newspaper uses for job listings as well. I found 2 possible jobs there and applied for them and did the questionnaire's that were required. Next I went to CareerBuilder's site, but they didn't have much of anything that looked legit. Then I went on Facebook's Marketplace and found a listing that I applied to and did the questionnaires for.

A little before 6pm I got a text from hubby asking if I wanted to just meet him at the hospital for our Childbirthing class or not - I told him I'd rather just ride together if we could, but I could meet him if that would work better. He let me know shortly after 6 he was on his way home and called when he was just a few minutes away so I could just him outside since we were cutting it kind of close.

We got to the hospital and found the classroom right on time. There's 2 other pregnant ladies in our class - a couple expecting twins next month that look to be close in age to hubby and I and then a slightly younger girl who was there with her mom and is expecting at the end of January. We went around and introduced ourselves and the RN flipped through a Powerpoint that had videos and audio clips included. We practiced a few relaxation and early contraction breathing exercises too and were out of there about 20-30 minutes early.

We came home and I made us dinner - chicken stuffing mixed with cream of chicken soup - while hubby sat and watched the end of the movie Hitch on TBS. We ate dinner and watched some Family Guy together and he fell asleep curled up next to me on the couch for a bit before I had to wake him up so he could go get ready for UPS. I also broke the news to him about my job situation (he reacted how I expected) and then he left shortly after for work.

I sat around and texted with a friend for a bit, and then with hubby once I knew he was at work. Then I got on the computer and started blogging for a bit.

And that's been 24hrs in my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your thoughts?