1. "Hypure" by Static-XThis is off their latest album "Cult of Static" that came out last year, in which they deemed it was "for the fans" however Wayne Static got married either before or during the making of this album and well, 2 of the songs on it are named for his wife and she does vocals on one of the tracks to... This was a pretty good album though, as Static-X gets back to their heavy roots. To be honest though, there hasn't been a Static-X album that I haven't liked - while Shadowzone (their 3rd album) was probably the most different out of them all, even that was a good effort, despite the different direction they took with it.
2. "2000" by Captain JackI first learned of Captain Jack thanks to the DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) games and recently got some of his other songs that weren't featured in the games. This one has more of a "soul" feel to it though than a lot of his other tracks that I'm more familiar with. I was also saddened to learn that Mr. Captain Jack had passed away some years prior too! He definitely had some of the more memorable tracks on DDR!
3. "Take Me" by Papa RoachThis is off their 3rd CD, "Getting Away with Murder," which I was a bit indifferent about. The title track was pretty heavy and rockin' while a lot of the rest of the album wasn't nearly as heavy and seemed more "radio friendly". I hate when bands do that. It was still decent, but I haven't spent the money on another Papa Roach album since.
4. "Home" by Three Days GraceSince we're using iTunes shuffle today, and our iTunes has tracks from both my and hubby's music collections, I'd have to say this is one of hubby's as I'm not big on Three Days Grace. They're okay, but a lot of their songs sound the same to me and they get overplayed on the radio.
5. "Bad Reputation" by Half-cockedA cover of the original by Joan Jett, this is the version from the Shrek soundtrack so it's a tad bit more upbeat and spunky than the original. I first heard the original when it was the theme song for the short-lived TV show Freaks and Geeks and enjoyed it. I finally acquired a copy of it when my sister got the Shrek soundtrack and we put it on the computer.