9.21.2010

Music Shuffle Monday 09.20.10

http://www.veryicon.com/icon/png/Media/iPod,%20Therefore%20I%20Am/iPod%20Mini%20Blue.pngSo I know it's techinically Tuesday here in the midwest, but well, as you can tell from my previous post, we had some excitement today so I kinda forgot to post Music Shuffle Monday earlier =)

1. "Pistolero (Juno Reactor)" from the "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" soundtrack
I'm a fan of a lot of Robert Rodriquez's work and I especially liked the soundtrack he put together for "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" (the conclusion to his Desperado trilogy) - it's got some really neat instrumentals with clips from the movie worked in too. Pistolero is one of my favorites as it's upbeat with a bit of a techno-y feel to it as well but yeah... great movie/trilogy if you haven't seen it and like movies that take place in Mexico.

2. "Overprotected" by Britney Spears
Britney's a bit of a guilty pleasure - I didn't really like her much when she broke out on the scene when I was in high school, but over the years (and with a roommate that loved her music) it kinda grew on me I like some of her more dance-focused tracks, so I got some of her stuff when I was building up my collection of 90s music mp3s. This song's not that great though... not sure how it made it on here. O.o

3. "Kiss the Rain" by Billie Myers
I LOVE this song! It's such a great mid-late 90s ballad and I loved hearing it on the radio - it was on one of the cassettes of songs I recorded off the radio back in Junior High. I was shocked when in college I was going through hubby's iPod and saw he had it on there! I forget why he said he had it on it, but it's a pretty ballad that we both like. The vocals are a bit strange on it, as for the longest time I couldn't tell if Billie was a guy or girl, but learning she's British, that explains it a little bit! It's got some pretty need guitars in it though, making it a bit of a 1997 power ballad. You've most likely heard it, as it was used in various TV shows and movies during that time period.

Here's the video though!


4. "Blackout" by Muse
Muse is a "pretty" band, as their songs are very heavy on instrumentals and melodies that can almost put you in a trance. This is one of their softer, melodic songs, so I didn't listen to it much (soft melodic stuff tends to put me to sleep, which isn't good when driving!) - I much prefer their faster, heavier songs to the softer ones.

5. "Echoes of My Scream" by Fear Factory
This is a softer, mellow song by Fear Factory - I like their more heavy, upbeat stuff, but this one was on an album (2005's Transgression) so I just included it on my iPod. It picks up a little bit and it is pretty, but bring on the heavy, fast stuff, please! It also features Billy Gould of Faith No More on bass. I really liked their previous album - Archetype - so I got this one as well when it came out, but wasn't as impressed.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh Kiss the Rain! I used to love that song, and I never really knew why. (I still listen to it sometimes, but don't tell anyone!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will always love that song. Just like yours, me and my girl both liked this song. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

What's your thoughts?