9.13.2010

Music Shuffle Monday 09.13.10

http://www.veryicon.com/icon/png/Media/iPod,%20Therefore%20I%20Am/iPod%20Mini%20Blue.png1. "Agnus Dei" by Michael W. Smith
If you've ever been in a church with a contemporary worship service, odds are you might have heard this one at some point, as it's been redone by several contemporary Christian artists over the past few decades and is often used during church Easter and/or Christmas programs. It's very pretty and melodic though.

2. "Minority" by Green Day
From one of their late 90s albums (I believe) this one was also included on their Greatest Hits album (International Superhits) as well and sounds like typical late 90s Green Day. It's kinda surprising how these guys have been popular for nearly 20 years now!

3. "Big Balls" by AC/DC
The first time I heard this song was in high school and I was a bit surprised at all the different ways they fit in the word "balls." Gotta admit, for a song of double entendre's - it's pretty clever! Now when I hear this song I just crack up at how ridiculous it is - I mean really, it's a song about balls and anything about balls in pop culture people find funny (as seen recently by the latest Axe product commercial)! lol...

4. "Best of Me" by Saliva
This is off their latest album Cinco Diablo and sounds like typical heavier Saliva with a heavy bassline and wailing guitars. Not really much else to say - it wasn't a single, just a track on the CD and I haven't really listened to this one much.

5. "You're So Vain" by Carly Simon
I remember my mom had a Carly Simon "Best of" cassette that she kept in her car when I was little. I loved it as a young little kid because the end of one side was her rendition with a chorus of kids of "Itsy Bitsy Spider." While I would have preferred for her to just keep playing that song, mom insisted we let the entire cassette play through and this one was also on it. I remember being confused as at the time I had no clue what the word "vain" meant and mom always had to explain to me as I didn't get the song. This one is a classic though!

1 comment:

  1. I. Love. You're So Vain. Definitely one of my top three favorite belt-it-out songs!! Can't get enough of it.

    ReplyDelete

What's your thoughts?