9.28.2010

30 Days of Me: Day 16 - A song that makes you cry (or nearly)

http://whi.s3.leg.entries.lg1x8.simplecdn.net/20081127224816.jpgI do have a song like this...

And it makes me sad as the scenario in the song and the thoughts the singer ponders is something I have been through and experienced in recent years. Strangely, the song was a single at the time I went through what I did, so I heard it quite a bit... not sure if it helped or not though, but at the time it was nice having a song I could relate to.

I don't really want to go into the details, as it's kinda private, nor am I going to say what the song is, as that'll probably give away the gist of what happened.

I haven't listened to the song much in the last year or so. I'd rather not think on what happened and not dwell on the past but keep trying to move forward with my head high and make the best of where and how things are now. As it is, I still occasionally have slight moments of doubt or random thoughts and memories what happened pop into my head. I hate it - I really do. It's hard enough trying to move forward when that happens from time to time, but I try to shrug it off, stuff those thoughts away in the back of my mind and not dwell on it.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, there are songs that I associate with me crying, but mostly because I listened to them in response to something that was making me cry. But I think the song that through lyrics and music alone (rather than circumstantial associations) I find myself closest to crying from is Evanescence's "Everybody's Fool", in particular the bridge:
    Without the mask, where will you hide
    Can't find yourself, lost in your lies
    I know the truth now, I know who you are
    And I don't love you anymore

    She's facing the fact that the perfect persona she shows to the world is not who she really is, it's just a lie--the person she's saying she doesn't love anymore is herself. I periodically struggle with doubt over whether I'm being true to myself and making choices that will really make me happy, and the idea of deciding that I'm betraying myself, and realizing that I don't love myself anymore is something I fear. That last line there can get me choked up.

    ReplyDelete

What's your thoughts?