10.19.2010

Music Shuffle Monday 10.18.10

http://www.veryicon.com/icon/png/Media/iPod,%20Therefore%20I%20Am/iPod%20Mini%20Blue.png1. "Punk Rock Princess" by Something Corporate
This song I first heard my first year of college and was part of that "emo-rock" era spawned by Jimmy Eats World. The song was catchy though with the chorus though and I liked it and it kinda grew on me - "You could be my punk rock princess... I would be your garage band king. You could tell me how you just don't fit in and how you're gonna be something..."

2. "Tier" by Rammstein
Gotta admit, I love me some Rammstein... some good ol' German industrial metal! This song is similar to most of Rammstein's work - nothing out of the ordinary here.

3. "Waiting for Magic" by Ace of Base
One of my favorite groups in grade school, this was off their big debut album The Sign and was one of the first tracks on the 2nd side of the cassette, lol... definitely a dance track you can get into and it tells the story of Snow White waiting for Prince Charming to come and kiss her and wake her up.

4. "Safer Waters" by Chevelle
This one is off their latest album which I haven't heard too much of, but going off the tracks I have heard, it sounds similar to the rest of them.

5. "Fadeaway" by Celldweller
One of my favorite artists, (whom I've mentioned before on here) Celldweller (aka Klayton) blends electronics with rock for a really neat sound and his vocals are pretty awesome too. He recently performed at DragonCon like a month ago and I envy those that have seen him live, as I missed him when he performed in Chicago years ago while I was in college (and I even had a free ticket too, but had no clue who he was at the time - grrrrrrr!! Talk about kicking yourself years later!). While he's based out of Detroit, I really hope he makes his way to performing again in Chicago someday in the near future as I'd love to see him live!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your thoughts?