At the beginning of May, I put together a list of goals for the month. Now that the month is over, let's see how I did.
So, now... onto goals for June:1. Read 4 books this monthI only finished 3 this month, just starting the 4th tonight. In May I read the latest Sookie Stackhouse book - Dead in the Family - which came out at the beginning of the month, I finished Son of a Witch - book 2 in the Wicked series, which I started in April, and Coraline, by Neil Gaiman.
2. Exercise at least twice a weekYeah, I failed on this one. The first week of the month it was rainy pretty much everyday, so I couldn't use the bike/walking path and our TV in the living room broke and I can't ride the exercise bike if I have nothing to distract me. I did workout a bit once a week though, so it's not like I blew this one off entirely - I went rollerblading, I rode the bike a few times, I got the Shake Weight and a thighmaster that I use several times a week now... so not a total loss.
3. Get caught up on EntourageSoooo close! This one's more dependant on hubby though, as I can't really watch it without him as we're watching it together and the only time we really have time to watch it together with his work schedule is on the weekends. We did get pretty far - we have 8 episodes left in the 6th season and then we'll be all caught up for the 7th season premiere near the end of June.
4. Work on design stuffDidn't do much with the Zazzle stuff, but I did work on some business-related stuff my dad wanted me to design for him and hubby has a project for me as well to work on this month...
5. Call Mary Kay corporate and get the ball rolling on sending back the rest of what I haveI did this almost 2 weeks ago, just waiting for the paperwork to come in the mail so I can mail stuff back and get a check to pay off the card I opened to put my initial inventory on.
6. Finish my panels for above the stoveAlmost done - I decided to change one of the colors and I finished 2 of the 3, I've just been waiting for the 3rd to finish drying so I can finish it up.
7. Put together a centerpiece for our tableI decided to scratch this one - I have an idea in my head and there's a few things at Walmart I'd like to buy for it, but... I thought about it and I'd rather wait til we have a house before I really put together a centerpiece for our table.
8. Try a new foodDid this one twice - hubby and I went to Coldstone Creamery for the first time and split some of their ice cream, and then the next week we went to a sushi bar and tried several types of sushi and california rolls.
9. Spend sometime with friendsThis I did - I hung out with one of my friends and her newborn and 3 year old. We would have gotten together again but one week she had stuff the day I'm over on that side of town and then the next week they were out of town. It was still fun though - I hung out and sat around and chatted with her for several hours.
1. Read 2 books this monthYes, a step down from last month, but the next 2 I have picked out I'm not sure how much I'm going to enjoy them - if I'll be able to get into them enough to breeze through them or not.
2. Exercise twice a weekThis should be a permanent list item, as it encourages me to get off my ass.
3. Go swimming at least onceNow that the pools are officially open, why not? We have several local park district pools (one I could even walk to) that only cost a few bucks to get in as well as a water park that I just learned admission is only $10 on Tuesdays - just the other day when it was really hot out I was thinking how nice it would be to spend an afternoon floating down the Lazy River.
4. Make plans to go to a concertI'm hopefully seeing Powerman5000 (for a 4th time) up in Madison later this month, but even so, there's several other shows I'm interested in going to this summer that are fairly cheap, so I hope to go to at least one concert this summer - I haven't been to a show since I saw Nine Inch Nails on my birthday last summer!
5. Participate in Project 365I started this like a week ago, but really failed on it the last 2 days. What it is, is you take a picture everyday for a year, posting your photos every so often. I figure, my phone has a decent camera on it and I recently spent $1 on an app that turns your photos into collages that you can upload to the web, so it could be fun... I just need to remember to take a photo of something everyday.
6. Try something newLast month I specified food, but this month it doesn't have to be - it could be food, an activity, a place... just anything I haven't tried before
7. Visit with friendsThis should be an easy one, as I already have plans made to visit at least once with my college roommate when she's up here from Dallas for her brother's high school graduation, and if the Powerman5000 plans go accordingly, I'll be hanging out with my 2 favorite brother in laws and maybe a female friend of hubby's I've gotten to know online.
8. Go see Sex and the City 2 with someoneThis one could be a challenge as I only have a handful of female friends in the area who would consider seeing it and only a select few who have seen the first movie, let alone the entire series. I'm not a SATC fanatic, but I've watched the entire series like 5 times on TBS late at night and enjoyed the 1st movie enough to watch it a 2nd time, so I would like to see the next chapter in the story of Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte. I'd go see it by myself if it came down to it, but what female wants to go see a movie about 4 friends by herself? Seems a little ironic and a bit sad if you ask me... I have a friend who lives out of town who said she'll be in town this weekend and might be able to join me, but we'll see when the time comes.