6.21.2010

And the moment you've all been waiting for...

I wanted to post this a few weeks ago, but decided it'd be best to wait til we told our immediate family first, just in case any of them stumbled across this blog.

I'm pregnant!
(that's what the lighter pink lines mean!)

I had a feeling I might be, as just days after ovulation I was feeling so tired to the point where I had to take naps in the afternoon, I was constantly hungry and I had some minor abdominal cramping going on too. 11 days after ovulation (on June 11) I finally took a Pee on a Stick test (or in my case, pee in a cup and use a dropper to put some on the strip) that morning when I woke up and I actually took 3 of them just make sure (go go Dollar Store!) and they all came up positive - the 1st 2 were pretty obviously, the 3rd was lighter but still positive. The next 2 days I had very light brown discharge which I believe was the implantation bleeding, which is normal.

Despite the 3 positive tests though, I was still worried my period would show up later that week... but it didn't - I'm officially a week late and hopefully it stays that way for the next 8 months! I haven't really had any morning sickness yet, but I do get a little nauseous at night when I'm trying to go to bed, I get the occasional headaches, my face is breaking out due to the extra hormones, and I have the frequent urination symptom too, in addition to the exhaustion and hungriness.

I am currently 5 weeks along (as they start counting from the first date of your last menstrual cycle, which is usually 2 weeks before ovulation), and my estimated due date is February 20 or 21, pending which calendar you go by. Our baby is about the size of a piece of rice or a baby tadpole. This week it's heart should start beating as its organs are beginning to form. (It looks like a little alien - like we should expect it to pop out of my chest or uterus like the one does in the Spaceballs parody, lol...)

Unfortunately my OBGYN clinic doesn't do first appointments til 10 weeks, so we won't get to see our baby til the ultrasound and first appointment on Monday, July 26 - 5 more weeks... booooo! I can't wait to see it, as that will 1)put me more at ease and 2)make it actually set in that this is happening - it's a little hard to actually believe it when you have no bump yet! hehe...

We won't know the sex until late September/early October, as you can't really tell until about 20 weeks. If we have a boy, I'm painting his room to look like the first level of Mario Bros, with the blue sky and the reddish/brown bricks with the blocks and castle and various Mario characters, lol (and if we don't have a boy, I'll just do this for our playroom instead, lol...) I also want to try and see if I can get a Mario Kart mobil made, with Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach and Bowser in their respective cars hanging off it, so when it spins it looks like they're chasing each other, lol...

It's exciting too, as my closest friend that lives up here just had her 2nd kid 3 months ago, so our kids will be about a year apart and can do preschool and other things together; hubby's older brother and his wife are expecting their 2nd this fall so our kid will have a cousin around the same age AND one of hubby's cousins that lives nearby and his wife are having their first child this fall too, so there will be another little kid in the family about the same age as ours! Plenty of playmates already!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your BFP! What a great Father's Day for your whole family! I'm now following you from MBC...

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!!! how exciting!

    ReplyDelete

What's your thoughts?