6.07.2010

Music Shuffle Monday 06.07.10

http://www.veryicon.com/icon/png/Media/iPod,%20Therefore%20I%20Am/iPod%20Mini%20Blue.png1. "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol
Must couples have "their song" - this one is me and my hubby's. Near the end of college but near the beginning of our relationship this song was pretty big. He would come down and visit me for days at a time and I often had VH1 on late at night, when they actually play music videos. This one was in heavy rotation. I have no clue how many times we heard it, but we decided it would be our song. We also used it as our first dance at our wedding too. It was great!

2. "Black Betty" by Spider Bait
This is the cover of the classic Black Betty song and I love it - it's almost identical to the original except the guitars are heavier. If you like the original, check this one out!

3. "I Disappear" by Metallica
This one is off this Mission Impossible 2 soundtrack, which was actually a pretty good soundtrack! I'm not a big Metallica fan though, to be honest - their whole crusade against Napster and their motion to copyright chords - CHORDS - I thought was ridiculous and only proved that the guys in Metallica are just greedy old men. I refuse to buy an album of theirs and I will always choose Dave Mustaine and Megadeth's music over Metallica's (the bands have a rivalry, as Mustaine is a former member).

4. "Break Stuff" by Limp Bizkit
Ah, music from my early high school days. I tend to pick and choose which Limp Bizkit songs I like. This song is perfect for when you're in a bad mood or just frustrated and stressed and full of aggression. It's one of the ultimate "Don't mess with me right now!" songs!

5. "Coming Undone" by Korn
Not one of my favorite Korn songs, but it's not bad... I remember this one being on the radio quite a bit. It's catchy and repeative with a bouncy, dark marching beat.

Also, don't forget to enter in my latest giveaway – a Fun in the Sun giftset!
Enter up til noon (cst) on Monday, June 14!
Click here for the details on how to enter!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, this is a cool meme. I'm with you on the whole Metallica-vs.-Napster thing. Plus, after they cut their hair they lost all of their credibility. But that's just my opinion :P

    ReplyDelete

What's your thoughts?