9.08.2009

My epic birthday weekend and then some

My 25th birthday was like a week ago, it went pretty well.

Come Friday, I hadn't heard anything from anyone confirming they'd be coming out with us and the ones that did earlier had to cancel, so Josh and I just did our own thing. We went to Chili's and got their 2 for $20 deal, which is better than Applebee's because it includes dessert. I had 1 Long Island too and wow was it strong! I was feeling tipsy after just a few sips, before our food even came! After dinner we walked around Target to kill time - Josh bought me a new purse for my birthday, since the one I had was on the verge of falling apart. We went and saw District 9 - it was pretty good!

Saturday we got up and drove to Chicago to meet Brooke and go to the last ever NiN show in Chicago. We waited in line for about 2 hours too and Josh and I were able to get good seats up in the balcony - I figured after the Disturbed show last winter where I nearly got trampled I was going to take this one easy and just enjoy it, especially since it was a sold-out show and the pit/front was more than likely going to be brutal. Mew, a foreign band from Denmark was the opening act... they played for maybe 30 minutes. They were interesting, to say the least, although Josh couldn't seem to comprehend how a guy could hit those high notes and still have his balls, lol... Trent Reznor and his band came out about 30 minutes earlier than scheduled and rocked a 30-song set for about 2 hours. I took a lot of photos and Josh got some video of Survivalism - because this was the final Nine Inch Nails tour, the venues gave permission for fans to bring cameras and stuff in to capture it. They did a lot of songs off of The Downward Spiral, and they did Right Where It Belongs, which I guess was a rare treat, as it's one of the songs Trent never does live. My only disappointment was that we didn't get to hear Closer - they played it for the Friday night show, but not for the Saturday show... I guess they almost canceled the show also - Trent woke up sick that morning and was sleeping it off all day during the set up and rehearsals... you could see him running back for water after nearly every song too. It was a really good show though! I'm glad I got to go!

Sunday we went over to my parents house for a birthday BBQ. My aunt, uncle and cousin came over, as did my in-laws, 2 of my brother-in-laws and my little sister-in-law. It was a fun time - we spent most of the day over there.

Josh's friend Gryn came up a couple weeks ago - we went out dinner and saw Inglourious Basterds. That was a really good movie! I liked it!

Jeny was in the area this past weekend. We drove out to Carol Stream on Friday to meet up with her, her bf Tim, and her friend Kim and drove over to Naperville to eat at Lou Malnati's, where they have really good Chicago deep-dish pizza. We went to a few bars for drinks after dinner, played pool for a bit at one until it got too crowded and you couldn't use the pool cues cuz there were too many people - Josh and Tim were making fun of the Cougars who were there, which was pretty amusing, while we all agreed that we didn't look skanky or trend enough to fit in at a Naperville bar (most of Naperville is full of yuppies). We couldn't find a bar that was more 'us' and so we all went back to Kim's place for a bit and played a few games and watched Family Guy til Josh and I had to leave. It was a fun night though and I'm glad I got to see Jeny again - I haven't seen her since like May.

Here's a few NiN photos:


First: Trent Reznor; Second: Trent Reznor and Peter Murphy (of Bauhaus) performing "Reptile"

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your thoughts?