Ladies, before you decide to tie the knot, make sure you haven't missed out on some important life experiences every woman should experience.
- Live by herself for at least a year.
- Live with someone else for at least a year.
- Recover from a broken heart.
- Have a vacation fling.
(this don't mean you have to sleep with them, but a little summer romance/crush never hurt anyone!)
- Take a road-trip with a group of girlfriends.
- Relish sleeping in a queen-sized bed by herself.
- Get her finances in order.
- Learn to love her body.
- Have sex with at least one person she’d never want to marry (or introduce to mom).
(Now I don't think you necessarily need to have sex with someone, but as the quote by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings goes, “A woman has got to love a bad man once or twice in her life, to be thankful for a good one” which I fully agree with and believe this statement goes more along the lines of that quote.
- Find reliable birth control.
- Pay off as much credit card debt and student loans as possible.
(Once you get married, your debt becomes theirs and vice versa!)
- Spend way too much on a something frivolous.
- Exorcise all past relationship demons.
- Travel somewhere exotic.
- Establish a strong circle of friends.
- Forgive her parents for not being perfect.
- Have at least one night she can’t quite remember.
- Experience some really bad first dates.
- Find hobbies that fulfill her.
- Celebrate her 25th birthday.
Source: The Frisky