2.12.2010

What's in a name!

http://blog.execu-search.com/image.axd?picture=2009%2F12%2Furl.jpg
For those of you like me who have been using Facebook since its early days, I've probably noticed just how far it's come in 5+ years. One such feature that's really come a long way is Groups/Pages. Back in the day, people could only join your group is you went to the same college as them (because originally, Facebook was a college networking site and a way to find old friends from high school), which sucked because sometimes your friends that went to other colleges had cooler group names. Eventually  Facebook made everything "global" so anyone from any network could join a group. And then they added in Pages, where you could "become a fan" of everything from a band or author to a tv show or movie to well, pretty much anything!

Today when I logged in I saw a rather amusing Page that some of my friends had become fans of:
"Can I have a coke?" "Is Pepsi alright?" "Is Monopoly money alright?"

Over the past few months I've seen some of my friends joined some rather fun or interesting groups and pages and thought I'd share some of these clever or random titles.

Really Neat
For every person that joins this I will donate $0.01 to Haiti Relief
This person already made a $1,143.09 donation, however the group is still growing and is now at 172,386 members

If 1M people join, girlfriend will let me turn our house into a pirate ship
The dude did get over a million people after a few years of this group being around. He hasn't built it yet though because he's trying to find a way to fund it!


 When I Was Your Age...
When I was your age, Pluto was a planet
When I was your age I lost a tooth, not my virginity
When I was your age we had to blow on the video games to make them work
When I was your age The Rock was a wrestler, not a tooth fairy
When I was your age we used to rent movies from the video store
When I was your age we had Kenan and Kel, not Drake and Josh


Can this [insert noun] get more fans than [insert person]
Can this purple monster I made on paint get more fans than the president?
Can this pickle get more fans than Nickelback? 


 Guilty as Charged (these have happened to me)
I die a little inside when someone has not heard of The Prince Bride
I stand in the shower aimlessly for ages just because it's warm
I only check my voicemail so the icon disappears on the screen
I was a grocery bag Indian in elementary school and I rocked it hard
Thinking there's another step on the staircase and falling because there isn't
Trying to delete useless characters in a text to make it under 160
I try to finish my dream by trying to sleep again after waking up
63 notifications later and I regret liking your status
Testing the person next to you stuff you can't say out loud
I stay in my pajamas until I absolutely HAVE to get dressed
I survived Y2K, Bird Flu, Made Cow, 9/11 and Swine Flu. 2012, here I come!
Yelling at inanimate objects
Saying something, then realizing it sounded extremely sexual
I feel my phone vibrate when it doesn't 
Loving a band no one knows, and dying inside when they become popular


I concur!
Carmen Sandiego is one sneaky bitch
If I had a kid at 16 I'd get my ass whooped, not a TV show
I hate it when the dentist talks to you when their hands are in your mouth
Yeah really - how do they expect you to answer their questions??
PE teachers shouldn't be fat
Don't you just hate it when the radio doesn't tell you who sang that song
Jack could've fit on that door with Rose
That confused me in Titanic - he's there floating in the water freezing to death as she hogs the entire board - there was room for the two of them!
Why do we need algebra? Finding X is only useful if you're a pirate


Humorous
 DeKalb/Sycamore Earthquake Relief
This is funny because, as some my recall from my post the other day, we had a minor earthquake here in northern Illinois
B.U.F.F.E.T. - Big Ugly Fat Folks Eating Together
When I lose - "Who cares, it's only a game." When I win - "HAHA IN YOUR FACE!"
Trying to turn on the lights then realizing that they are already on
On 12/21/2012 I'm not doing my homework, excuse will be "I thought I'd die"
I can sing better than anyone! In the shower
Having a 100% sarcastic conversation with someone who thinks you're serious
Laughing at your ex when they date someone really ugly
Paper beats rock? Ok, I'll throw a rock and you defend yourself with paper
I don't care about your farm, or your fish, or your park, or your mafia!!!
What if Google didn't exist? Man we would all be screwed
I believe the word 'studying' was derived from the words 'students dying'
He broke her heart, so she broke his xbox. Who do you think cried harder?
Dora the Explorer is soo an Illegal Immigrant
This one has some hilarious user submitted photoshopped photos of Dora and Friends border jumping!
My status isn't about anybody, it's lyrics to a song dumbshit...
this is funny because it often happens to my sister
I have texted while lying down and dropped the phone on my face
this is funny because me sister has confessed to doing this... several times! lol...

Anne Frank would be so pissed if she knew everyone read her diary
Anne Frank - Hide and Seek World Champ 1942-1944
these 2 had me cracking up at the titles


Thoughtful
The feeling you get when you understand something in math class
When I realized that 3.14 looks like "PIE" backwards my mind was blown
I responded to your text in two seconds, stop taking two hours to answer
If you remember "Boy Meets World" what the hell kind of name is "Topanga"
I recall wondering this too when I watched the show...
Taylor Swift won a Grammy. Where was Kanye?
Yeah really, after all that fuss at the VMAs... the Grammy's are what really counts!


What funny, interesting or amusing page/group names have you seen while on Facebook?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your thoughts?