2.28.2010

Doin' the Shuffle

http://www.veryicon.com/icon/png/Media/iPod,%20Therefore%20I%20Am/iPod%20Mini%20Blue.pngI saw this game on Facebook not too long, and it seems lately my friend Jessi, over at the girl with kaleidoscope eyes, has been posting these about once a week.

What you do is put your iPod/mp3 player/etc on shuffle and list the first 5 songs that pop up. No, you can't skip past one that you don't like or might deem "embarrassing."

Here's mine (and yes, the iPod in the picture is the EXACT iPod I still have - old skool!):

1. "Almost Honest" - Megadeth
I first heard this song on the Mortal Kombat: Annihilation soundtrack. Funny thing was, I bought the soundtrack before I even saw the movie! This guy I was friends with in high school had it and it was one of several CDs he ALWAYS listened to in his car. And actually, it wasn't a bad soundtrack, considering how bad the movie was! Megadeth is a pretty awesome band too - I much rather pick Dave Mustaine and Co over Metallica any day!

2. "Birthright" - Celldweller
I LOVE Celldweller - Klayton (aka Celldweller in the same sense that Trent Reznor is aka Nine Inch Nails) is one of my FAVORITE artists! First time I heard Klayton's music was while I was working at the theater and cleaning up after a showing of The Hills Have Eyes 2. Now there's quite a bit of films we've had where I could tell you the songs in the end credits, but I could tell you very little about the actual movie. This was one of those. I fell in love with the song (which was a remix of "Own Little World") and eventually went home one night to look up who it was. I ended up downloading his entire debut album and was hooked. "Birthright" was the first track off the new album he's been working on and was featured in several of the Speed Racer trailers. Funny thing, when I was going through some old stuff before moving, I came across a demo of Celldweller's that was given to me outside the House of Blues Chicago after a show I had gone to - it even had a free ticket to his upcoming show (which had been several years previously by the time I found it)! Needless to say, I kicked myself for not listening to the demo when it was given to me! Fortunately though, Klayton's talking on doing a brief tour sometime this year - when he comes back to Chicago, I hope to be there!

3. "1979" - Smashing Pumpkins
There's not much to really say about these guys - growing up in the 90s and early 2000s, who didn't listen to the Smashing Pumpkins? Personally, I liked their Melancholy/Adore/Machina days best.

4. "Somebody Told Me" - The Killers
One of the bands from my college years that I will probably never forget. These guys were pretty huge my 3rd year in college and nearly everyone I knew had bought their big breakout album for this song alone. Personally, I only liked maybe 2 other songs off this album - the rest wasn't really my cup o' tea, but this one was definitely catchy!

5. "My World" Emigrate
Emigrate is the side project of the singer from German-speaking band Rammstein and this song was featured on the Resident Evil: Extinction soundtrack. My husband and I both like Rammstein - their stuff tends to be pretty cool sounding and the fact I can't understand half of what they're saying just adds to the element (hubby took some German so he can usually figure out some of it). If you like Rammstein, check out Emigrate since it's pretty much much of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your thoughts?