12.01.2011

Tebow, Tebow, Tebow

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2010/1112/20101112__Books-Tebow-Football~p1_200.jpgWarning - this is a bit of a sports rant.

Whether you watch football or not, I'm sure by now most of you have heard of the Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow or at least the latest internet crazy of taking random pictures of yourself in various poses known as "Tebowing." The guy is fairly young, an out-spoken Christian, and supposedly a good guy all around.

And the media seems to have a huge love affair with the guy.

Now, don't get me wrong - I'm not a "Tebow Hater." Honestly, I don't know much about the guy as he's not on my team (The Cowboys) so I could really care less about him and I don't really have an opinion on him.

But what I CAN'T stand is this crazy media love affair. They're like obsessed with the guy!

I swear, I can't turn on ESPN or even watch the recaps and highlights of other games between the games on Sundays without hearing them CONSTANTLY mention Tebow's name at every chance they get.

I kid you not.

Here's a perfect example:
This evening, before the big Sunday Night Football game, we were watching the recaps and highlights of the afternoon and they got to the Patriots game. Apparently some guy on one of the 2 teams that was playing in that game played in college with Tebow... So OF COURSE they HAD to mention Tebow when he had NOTHING to do with the game they were recapping!

DRIVES ME NUTS!

http://helmetandpadsrequired.sportsblognet.com/files/2010/08/tebow-comic1.jpgI told hubby that one of these days I'm going to start taking shots everytime we're watching something football-related and they say the name "Tebow." Hubby said I'd be drunk quite quickly!

I just don't get it though - WHY??? Why is the media so in love with this guy?

I hear he's not even that great - I mean hello, his team is what, 6-5 or something like that now? All the good teams this season are at least 7-3 or better.

If it was Aaron Rodgers and The Packers they were constantly going on about, okay, sure I can understand that as The Packers are currently the only undefeated team this season (although they have had an easy season so far!). But it's the freakin' Denver Broncos!

I just don't get it.

2 comments:

  1. I think they're more or less focused on what the former quarterback said about him (how he shouldn't talk about his faith so much) and Tebow responded very strongly to it. So now the media's question is, if he is strong in his faith and personal character, why in the heck is his team doing so terribly? Not sure if that's true or not, but that's my take on it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched an NFL game in years and I've even heard of this guy. He's everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

What's your thoughts?