Today kicks the link-up off with the 1st installment: "True Life: I'm a General Blogger."
As those have followed me for awhile know, I now run several other blogs in addition to this one - a baby/family blog chronicling my pregnancy and experiences being a new mommy, as well as my movie review blog with reviews going back to when I worked at a movie theater in college and got to screen movies beforehand (or see them for free in the days after release).
Anyways, this is my general "catch-all" blog - sometimes I post surveys/memes, product thoughts/reviews, rants, raves, odd/interesting art, funny videos/songs, and pretty much anything! I used to do weekly series Flashback Fridays, Warcraft Wednesdays and Music Shuffle Mondays. While it has taken a backseat due to having a baby (I honestly can't get near an actual computer during the day as I'm too busy with the kiddo) I still try to update this blog when I can with fun or interesting things!
I can also be found tweeting regularly on Twitter, as my smartphone seems to be my main way of communicating with the online world 90% of the time!
Some things you should know about me:
- I'm approaching my late-20s this month
- This September marks 3 years of being married to my hubby
- I first met my husband back in December 1997, however it was 9 years before I gave him a chance and we started dating!
- I'm a mommy to the most awesomest, cutest 6 month old baby boy!
- I have a kitty who will be 3 in October named Tiger - she's pretty awesome for the most part.
- I tend to ramble - sorry, but me "writing novels of a post" is a pretty common thing!
- I'm gamer girl - been playing consoles since the late 80s and played World of Warcraft for nearly 5 and a half years straight (with a 9 months hiatus near the end of the WotLK expansion), I pretty much quit when my son was born and haven't had much time to play since, although now that he has a regular schedule I've been toying with the idea of reactivating my account... We currently have a Wii and PS3 hooked up, although we also own a PS2, Sega Genesis and NES.
- I'm a graphic artist - I have a Bachelor's Degree in Art with an emphasis in Graphic Design. I did page layout & design for 5 years straight for my college's daily award-winning newspaper and spent a summer interning at my hometown's newspaper. I also have had work published in national magazines such as Furniture Today, Furniture World, and the Morgan Connection as well as various newspapers throughout the USA.
- My hubby is an Android addict and that has poured over to the rest of the family.
- I am a Christian and while I don't "push" my beliefs on anyone, please keep in mind, this is my blog and I do occasionally post my views and opinions on things. If you don't like it, don't read it. It's that simple - no one's forcing you to read what I have to say on here.
- I enjoy movies, music, TV and books. I love the True Blood/Sookie Stackhouse series, but am not really a fan of Twilight (and yes, I read the books before there was even talk of the movies being made). My favorite genre of music is Rock - modern, classic, metal, industrial... but I do occasionally listen to a little bit of everything, with the exception of R&B, country and most rap - just not my cup o' tea!
- I'm a bit of a nostalgia junkie, hence Flashback Fridays!
- I loved Netflix until they decided they wanted to double the price of my package =(
In addition to Flashback Fridays and Warcraft Wednesdays, here are some of my favorite and/or more popular posts I've written: