3.17.2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/180/lm47f4db6ccf2723efd0a6dec47e32bbe3_irish_t-shirts.jpgIn lieu of St. Patty's Day today, I thought I would post a video of perhaps my *favorite* Irish song, "The Blood of Cu Chulainn" by Jeff and Mychael Danna. For those familiar with the cult classic The Boondock Saints, you'll recognize it as the song that's used during the opening sequence of the film.

When I first saw the movie, I loved the song. And then when we saw the sequel a few months back, I had to find it and get it for my own listening pleasure - fortunately, they re-released it as a single to coincide with the 2nd film, as it's pretty much the theme for the franchise now.

If you're looking for more Irish-themed music to get you in the St. Patty's Day spirit, I recommend both Flogging Molly (an Irish-sounding rock group) as well as Riverdance (the Irish people that do all the neat dancing/stomping).

Also, the reason for the tri-colored shamrock at the top is because I am both Irish and Scots-Irish. The Irish wear green on St. Patty's Day, while the Scots-Irish wear orange.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your thoughts?