One thing I saw recently and think is really cute that I want is this guy:
He also comes with a loot card with a code you enter on the WoW site that gives him to all your characters and any future ones as an in-game novelty pet!
I guess he also flies in game too, even when you're on a flying mount!
Hubby's the only one I would expect to get me this guy though, as my family doesn't "get" WoW or how to order things off the internet... (last I knew).
Other items on my birthday list include several video games:
- I *really* want Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 for the Wii. I've currently been playing the Lego Stars Wars: The Complete Saga for the Wii and I LOVE the Lego games - they're fun and full of puzzles you have to work through to advance but the game play isn't hard at all. And the fact that everything is made of Legos is pretty funny and amusing! Your character dies? No biggie, he just bursts into a million Legos that instantly piece back together and you can keep going!
- I also would like the Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Trilogy game for Wii too - I hear this one is just as fun as the Star Wars one, only you get to fight Lego Nazi's and stuff instead of Storm Troopers!
There's also a few DVDs I would like too:
- Hot Tub Time Machine - hubby and I saw this one in the theaters and it was really pretty funny, like Hangover funny! It's got a lot of the awesome 80s nostalgia that I LOVE, plus a grown John Cusack wearing Lloyd Dobbler's clothes from Say Anything and well, it was just plain funny (minus a few gross out moments). This is one I definitely would like to have in our movie collection!
- Alice in Wonderland (the recent live action version) - it was a good family movie, plus it has Johnny Depp and was done by Tim Burton with a score by Danny Elfman. Um... why wouldn't I want this movie?
- Disney's Beauty and the Beast - somehow it totally escaped me that this one was released on DVD sometime when I was in college. I have no clue how I didn't know about this, but the only places I can find it is on Amazon, as I'm sure it's back in the stupid Disney "vault" by now. While I have a lot of the Disney classics and ones that came out when I was a kid on VHS, I've been trying to buy my favorites, this being one of them, on DVD as they come out, since VHS is a dead technology.
- Disney's Aladdin - same as Beauty and the Beast, another favorite Disney film that came out when I was a kid that I somehow missed the DVD release of that I would like to have on DVD so our kids can enjoy em like hubby and I did.
- Disney's Cinderella - same as the previous 2. While this one is an older one, released way before I was born, it was one I would watch over and over again as a kid. If I had to choose, I'd like to have Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast over this one (I already have the others from their era on DVD - Oliver & Company, Little Mermaid, and The Lion King), but I would like to get this one on DVD eventually...
I would also like the book "A Touch of Dead" by Charlaine Harris - it's the book of all the short stories she wrote that take place in the Sookie Stackhouse universe (Sookie's in most, but there's a few without her that are about other characters).