4.21.2010

You know you play WoW too much when...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_utpn85k5ndo/S6kDD58AjvI/AAAAAAAAAKg/al0aeux5keA/s1600/warcraftwednesdays-logo.gifHere's just 2 examples of when you know you play WoW too much!

Example #1
In the beginning of December 2008 I had out-patient surgery, but they had to put me under in order to do it. When I started coming to in the post-surgery room, I had fluid in my lungs and was trying to spit it out, however, I wasn't fully awake yet and was still sort of dreaming.

What was I dreaming about?

Well, the 2nd WoW expansion - Wrath of the Lich King - had only been out for a few weeks and I had been playing a lot. I was dreaming that I was my paladin (as that was the character I had been playing in game) and that I was up against Arthas, the Lich King. He made me soooo angry that I started spitting on him.

Eventually I got the attention of the nurse, who sorta helped me come out of it, as I was muttering something about spitting. I finally came to enough to communicate with her and she got me some tissue and held it to my mouth so I could get the fluid out of my lungs.

But yeah... you know you play WoW too much when you're coming out of surgery and think you're stuck in a dream as your WoW character, spitting at Arthas!


Example #2
Right around the time hubby and I started dating, we would often chat on WoW while playing together, as we didn't live in the same town at the time. One night we had a rather interesting conversation regarding "farming rep" (in WoW there's many different factions in game that you can earn reputation levels with to get item rewards - the more you "farm" rep the higher your rep with the faction goes up).

Hubby: im just farming honor
Me: you farmer
Hubby: *nods*
Me: haha you're an illinois farmer! lawl
Hubby: Hey, I'm the original farmer
Me: ya need some [blue overalls]
Hubby: I've been farming rep with a very important faction for over 8 years! beat that
Me: lawl
Me: hehe and ya finally hit exalted! lol
Me: omg that was horrible, lawl
Hubby: lawl
Me: ROFL
Hubby: terrible
Hubby: im so not taking it any further
Me: dont wanna be max exalted?
Me: get the lil trinket?
Me: rofl the epic loots
Me: ROFL
Hubby: ...
Hubby: lawl
Hubby: my epic "rewards" LAWL
Me: omg i cant stop laughing
Me: we're such dorks! lol
Hubby: lol yup
Me: but hey, SS or it didnt happen!
Me: lawlz
Hubby: booooo
Hubby: lol
Me: lol
Me: ROFLMAO
Me: i cant stop laughing...
Hubby: is it sad that i just related relationship milestones to wow?
Me: ROFL im not sure...
Hubby: i mean, mentally lawl
Me: im trying not to spit out my water... heh bad time to take a drink, lol
Hubby: hehe
Hubby: neutral = holding hands, friendly = snuggling, revered = kissing, exalted = marriage, full exalted = uh huh uh huh lawl
Me: ROFL
Me: so you're only at revered then
Hubby: yeah
Me: exalted seems like a pretty big step, lawl
Hubby: lol

So in the words of hubby, you know you play WoW too much when you start relating relationship milestones to farming rep with factions in WoW!

2 comments:

  1. This is exactly why I'm not going to start playing WoW...I already talk to people in Star Trek metaphors and have very realistic dreams about being Patrick Stewart's wife on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete

What's your thoughts?