2.11.2011

Flashback to First Kisses, part 3

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_utpn85k5ndo/S38v5P_J4bI/AAAAAAAAAJw/mw1r8Sd4oxE/s1600/flashbacklogo.jpg 
For the past few weeks, after having seen the new Dentyne Ice campaign stating that the average person has 28 first kisses I decided to started a Flashback series, flashing back to my own "first kisses."


The next "first kiss" I had came from a sort of weekend fling I had with a guy at the end of my 1st year of college.

It was near the end of the spring semester and everyone on my floor was going out for 1 last weekend of fun before finals. My ex, while we were more like "friends with benefits" by this point (basically acting like a couple taking things slow, but we weren't actually together), he was doing the guy thing of playing his video games and my roommate invited me to go out with her and some of her friends on our floor.

We went to a frat party that night where a lot of dancing was going on. While there, I ran into this guy named Joe whom I had met a few times at our usual weekend party-spot (where I frequented with some of the guys that lived on my ex's floor). He was single, I was technically single, and so we danced for a bit.

It started getting late and people were clearing out of the party. I had to get back to my dorm and get to bed as I had to be up early the next day for an end of the year BBQ the newspaper staff I was on was having. My roommate wasn't ready to go back though and was planning on finding another party with her guy friend that came with us. Turns out, Joe lived in our building, in the all guys wing, and had to get back as well since he had his first final in the morning and offered to walk back with me, as well, I'm a cute female and really didn't want to make the trek from Greek Row to the dorms by myself at 1/2am. He walked me to my wing, which was on the way to his wing. I thanked him, we traded numbers just in case either of us was up for hanging out again, and we said goodnight. Before he left though, I decided to be a bit bold and gave him a kiss goodnight, with a flirty smile before heading upstairs to my floor.

Not having any finals until later in the week, I was up for hanging out with Joe again the next night and gave him a call earlier in the evening to see if he had any plans. He hadn't and so we agreed to meet up later that night and find a party. We ended up going to 1 and then crashing another on the walk back to the dorms. We kissed a lot throughout the night and it was really nice - he was a really good kisser! Eventually we said goodnight and talked about meeting up over the summer as he too was from my hometown and going home for the summer.

That never happened though.

I'm not entirely sure what happened - we had spent a fun weekend together. I ran into him downstairs in the lobby a few days later, after finals, when he was moving his stuff out, however I had my glasses on as I had gotten a sty in my eye and couldn't wear my contacts until it went away. Maybe it was because I wasn't going to "put out" and he knew/realized that? (a friend of mine from back home went to high school with him and said he was quite the player back then). He gave me his home number and I called it several times throughout the summer trying to meet up with him or see if he wanted to go some local event or whatever, but I always got stuck leaving messages with various siblings of his and never heard back from him.

While living in the dorms the next few years, I did occasionally run into him while walking back and forth to class - we'd stop to say "hi" or chat for a moment as we passed each other, but that was the extent of anything more. Curious as to whatever happened to him, I looked him up on Facebook last week - he's apparently married with a young kid. Still looks the same too!

The next guy I shared kisses with... well, that turned into my 3 and a half year mistake... but that will have to wait until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your thoughts?