8.15.2012

Birthday List 2012

My birthday is on the 29th - I'll be 28 this year.

And honestly... there's not much on my birthday list.

The big thing I wanted - a new vacuum (which was the Bissell Total Floors Pet) - we already bought last month as our current vacuum was not vacuuming up ANYTHING, defeating the whole purpose of a vacuum.

When hubby asked me not too long ago what I really wanted I jokingly said "My house back" however I was only slightly kidding... I don't mind my sister-in-law staying here, as she has been better about picking up after herself in the common areas, however we've let her have the run of the mill in the rec room and it is a bit messy... plus football season is starting soon and the big TV with HD is down there and hubby and I would prefer to watch our games on that since we're paying extra for the HD and all... and my father-in-law... well, he still continues to leave trash and dishes all over (although not as bad as before, but still) and his nightly panic attacks are starting to wear on me as well... we were thrilled to hear they were doing home equity loan related stuff last week as we're hoping they'll get moved into a place of their own here in town rather soon. Not that we want to "kick them out" but our house currently isn't that big, half the time hubby and I can't get more than an hour or so of "alone" time (or "me" time on nights hubby works) once Jay goes to bed cuz my father-in-law's panic attacks keep waking him up and then he comes and joins us... and it's not like we can go downstairs to watch whatever together or even in our own room as my sister-in-law's staying downstairs and Jay is sleeping in our room. So prayers they can get moved into a place of their own soon would be much appreciated!
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31kRHJmr0bL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
As for an actual list... well, here's what I have (again, it's not much).

These Swarovski crystal blue on black earbuds by chicBuds - for some reason their official site is no longer selling the variety of earbuds they once had, but you can still find the now discontinued styles on Amazon. What I like about these is that they're retractable so you don't have to worry about the cords getting tangled up wherever.

The Tigger Movie on DVD - I have this one on VHS but never got it on DVD. The rerelease comes out the week before my birthday which is nice as the sellers on Amazon have been trying to sell the DVD version of the VHS one I have for nearly $40-50! I just want it on DVD as we no longer have a VHS player and Jay seems to enjoy Winnie the Pooh!

Tomb Raider Trilogy for PS3 - I've been a Tomb Raider fan since it first came out and have various versions of the games on both PS1 and PS2. Our PS2 isn't hooked up though (and hubby doesn't plan on hooking it up ever) so this is a nice (and affordable) collection of some of the Tomb Raider games. It includes Legend, Anniversary and Underworld (which I haven't played - wish it was Angel of Darkness instead though).

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41yN88ruO9L._SL500_AA300_.jpgThe Game of Thrones Targaryen sigil coffee mug - I like the Starks (most notably Arya and Jon Snow) but Dany is really growing on me, she's quite the strong woman!

Once Upon a Time season 1 DVD set - this one comes out the day before my birthday. It was a good series though so I wouldn't mind collecting it on DVD!

"Divergent" by Veronica Roth - I've been hearing a lot about this Divergent/Insurgent trilogy as it sounds like the next BIG young adult literature series and it has an interesting concept to it. I wouldn't mind getting the 1st book in the series to check it out!

Chicken Soup for the Mother and Son Soul - I'm sucker for the Chicken Soup books and well, Jay's a boy, I'm a mommy, so why not?

Target, Gordman's and Old Navy gift cards are much appreciated too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your thoughts?