4.28.2011

Wee Bit Wednesday

After seeing several of my blog friends post today, I decided to have a little fun and take part in Wee Bit Wednesday this week!


{one} have you ever been stuck in an elevator?
Haha yes! I mentioned this on Twitter when it happened, but for those of you who don't follow me on there or missed it... January 1st my father-in-law was admitted to the hospital and was there for most of the month. Hubby and I visited him a few times and one time we decided to go stop down in the cafeteria for some food. On the way back up we got in an elevator with the repairman in it, as he said it was okay and he'd get us to the floor we needed. 2 RN's got in with us. Well... we reach the floor to get off on... and the doors won't open! And to top it off, I was 9 months pregnant at the time! LOL... this had typical TV show/movie moment written all over it! Fortunately the repair guy got the doors open in just a minute or 2 and no, I didn't go into labor - hubby read my mind though as we were in there and told me not to dare open my mouth and say it! lol...

{two} have you ever ridden on an elephant?
Nope, but I have relatives who have!

{three} have you ever met a well known celebrity?
I think I've met a few has-been celebs in the past at like meet and greet signings but the best and most memorable was the time I met Phoenix from Linkin Park. This was summer 1999 and I went to this huge Christian rock festival (Cornerstone Festival) downstate. Linkin Park's album didn't come out for another 9 months or so and I had no clue who he was at the time. He was doing his last tour or whatever with his former band Tasty Snax. Me and the church group of girls I was with that weekend met him at one of the merch tents and him and his bandmates were flirting with us, trying to get us to come to their show later in the day. It was pretty funny!

Another memorable "celeb" I've met is NFL running back Michael Turner (or "Turner the Burner" as we called him college). He went to NIU and played on the team during the same time I was there and was one of our star players at the time. My roommate and I met him at a party - we went out on the back deck for some air and he was sitting out back, just chilling with a couple guys. As a courtesy we all said a quick hello, although we didn't realize it was him until some drunk guy came stumbling out onto the deck and was all "Whoa! You're Michael Turner!" and congratulated him on all the hardwork he did on the football team!

{four} do you have any food allergies?
No, no food allergies.

{five} do you know how to sew?
No, which is sad and a bit surprising as my mom is a seamstress, doing costuming for various local theatre productions and other alterations for people and her mom was great at sewing too. I totally suck at it - I even fail at sewing a simple button back on as it usually falls off within several wears! lol... I've tried in the past, making stuff like a small stuffed star with my grandma but yeah... never been good at that!

{six} did you get an allowance when you were young?
Yep! I think we started with a $1 when I was little and it increased like a $1 every year. By the time I was in high school I think I got about $20 a week, but $10 of that was for mowing the yard and part of the field behind the house.

{seven} how often do you fill up your gas tank?
I  haven't filled up my tank in ages! I usually put about $20 in when I do go to the gas station and that gets me 1/2-3/4 of a tank depending on the price of gas. I usually go to the gas station about twice a month, maybe less.

{eight} have you ever been stung by a jelly fish?
Nope!

{nine} have you ever been robbed?
Yep, twice! First time was in either Jr. High or High School - I don't remember which, but I had about $100  (all birthday money I had just gotten recently) that I had on me as it was a Friday and my parents and I were going out shopping after school. For gym class we had to change into uniforms and we had lockers. Locks were optional and I never used one at the time. I had it when it changed, and gym was my last class of the day, but when I went to spend it later in the day it was gone! My told the school about it and they did nothing, citing I shouldn't have had that kind of money at school and that I should have used a lock on my gym locker. /facepalm...

The other time was shortly after I got my license and a car when I was 16. My parents put in an aftermarket CD player for me and I kept CDs in a binder stashed under the carseat. Well my parents were having work done on the house and we had a dumpster in our driveway for a week so I had to park on the street at night. One afternoon I went to get in my car to go pick my boyfriend up and sat down in the drivers seat and saw that everything was dumped out of the glovebox and onto the passenger seat! Then I noticed the CD player was gone and just wires hanging from the dash where it should have been! My CDs were all gone too (I had like 100 of them!) as well as my car owner's manual (which was in a leather type case - we think they thought it was more CDs). The busted out the small triangle window in one of the backseat doors and let themselves in that way. The glass place said it would have been less expensive to replace had they busted out one of the bigger windows! The insurance company gave me some money for my losses so I could buy a new CD player, get the window fixed and buy some replacement CDs, but still...

{ten} what is the worst haircut you’ve ever had?
When I was in 3rd grade I got a Bob haircut. I liked it at first, but as the day went on, I *hated* it. By the end of the night I was going around the house with a paperbag over my head! LOL... another terrible haircut was also in grade school during the years I had bangs. My little sister had bangs cut and I wanted them too so mom let me get them cut. Bad idea - my hair is naturally curly/wavy and the bangs NEVER laid flat. I never made that mistake again! lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your thoughts?