4.06.2011

ABCs

I found this fun ABC meme/survey over on Angie's blog and decided it'd be fun to do since Little Man is napping still and I haven't posted over here in awhile (feel free to check out my more active baby/family blog!).

We have a busy weekend ahead of us as WE'RE MOVING!!!

Yep, we found a house, they accepted one of our offers and we're closing on it tomorrow and getting everything ready and set this weekend - woot! So excited!

Now, onto the meme!

A - Age: 26, I'll be 27 on August 29th. Seeing that in print makes me feel old =/

B - Bed size:
We have a queen. Growing up I always had a full, but got stuck with a twin in the dorms in college before moving my bed out there once I moved into an apartment. Once hubby moved all his stuff in here though he brought over his bed which is a queen! It's the perfect size for us, especially since he tends to take over the majority of the bed!

C - Chore you hate: Cleaning the floors, cleaning the bathtub and doing the dishes, although dishes won't be an issue after this weekend as our house has a dishwasher!! You have no idea how excited I am to finally have a dishwasher! lol...

D - Dogs: Hubby and I want to get one someday - maybe in the next few years now that we have the house and space for a doggie. We never got one before because I just didn't feel right about having a dog in a small apartment and with no yard to run around in. We always had dogs growing up too - I didn't become fond of cats til I was in college and my roommate got one.

E - Essential start to your day: Going to the bathroom then feeding Jay.

F - Favorite Color: Different hues/shades of blue and black

G - Gold or Silver: White gold and silver - I *hate* the look of yellow gold

H - Height: 5'4-5"

I - Instruments you play: Piano and oboe, although it's been years... I really want to get a piano eventually though so I can play more. And I can play a few things on bass guitar, but it's currently MIA (I let my sis's friend borrow it last summer for "a few weeks" and it's been over 6 months... >.>)

J - Job title: Graphic Artist at my design job, Sales Associate at The Children's Place, wifey, mommy

K - Kids: Just Jay, who's now 2 months old (man time flies!) and of course our furbaby Tiger who's 2 and a half years old.

L - Live: Good ol' Rockford, Illinois where I've lived most of my life, save for the 2 years after I was born that we lived in upstate New York and the 6 years or so I lived down in DeKalb when I was going to school down there.

M - My mom's name: Louisa, pronounced Lou-eye-zuh. With my maiden name as her last name too, new people she meets are screwed when it comes to saying and spelling her whole name correctly! lol...

N - Nickname: Hubby calls me "baby" and "mommy" when he's talking to Jay, most call me Rach for short... people that know me from WoW call me by shortened names of my characters like Flour (pronounced Floor) or Yar. There's also my old internet handle of LPchick and the really old nickname of Peaches (but only 1 person still calls me that, if even, lol...)

O - Overnight hospital stay: Well obviously when I was born, when we had Jay, and then the week long stay we had when Jay was in the hospital not too long ago.

P - Pet Peeve: Nails on chalkboard, having to repeat myself, people repeatidly/constantly using the wrong form of words like too/to, etc.

Q - Quote from a movie from a book: off the top of my head - "Asssssss yooooooou wissssssssh!" -from Princess Bride, Wesley to Buttercup as he rolls down a hill

R- Right/Lefty: I'm a righty, as is my mom. My dad and sis are both lefties though.

S - Siblings: Blood-related just 1 sis who's turning 18 in a few weeks and is a senior in high school graduating next month (that makes me feel really old!). By marriage I have 4 brother-in-laws aged 31 (who's married so I guess that means I have another sister-in-law too), 24, 21, and 18 and a 12 year old sister-in-law.

T - Time you wake up: whenever Jay wakes me up, hungry.

U - Underwear: I prefer comfy over anything, usually briefs or boy shorts (which hubby likes best)

V - Veggies you dislike: Cauliflower, Beets, Asparagus... I tend to like most veggies though

W - What makes you run late: lol... me! Seriously, I'm pretty much late to everything that isn't work, lol...

X - Xrays you've had: Don't think I've had any...

Y - Yummy food you make: Hubby likes the recipe I use for Chicken Tetrazine (courtesy of my mom)

Z - Zoo animal: Snow leopards and monkey's are cute too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your thoughts?