4.19.2011

Ten on Tuesday: Books

I like to stay away from posting too many memes/surveys on here as a lot of them get repetitive but I saw this one on Angie's blog and it's a bit different and thought it'd be fun to share/post on here!

So, without further ado, Ten on Tuesday: Books!

1. When someone asks you for a book recommendation, what is your go-to book?
Depends on who it is - if they're old enough and like vampires I usually recommend the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. If they're younger and into fantasy I would recommend the Harry Potter books

2.  Do you buy your books, or are you a library patron?
Well up until 2 weeks ago we technically lived in the county so we couldn't get a library card without paying $100/year so I didn't bother... that might change in recent years though now that we live in the city! Currently though I buy books or I borrow them from friends and relatives.

3.  E-readers, yay or nay?
I can see the point in them and I do have the Kindle and Aldiko apps on my Droid with a handful of free books, however I much prefer having a physical book to read. Unfortunately, it's harder to read a physical book than it is to read something on my phone while I'm handling a baby... but oh well!

4.  What was your favorite book as a child?
Oh geez, lemme see... Goodnight Moon was a favorite, There's a Monster at the End of This Book, The House that Had Enough... as for chapter books, I LOVED The Babysitter's Club books.

5.  If you could be any character in a book, who would you be?
Um... I guess maybe Sookie Stackhouse as she's an average girl who has such great adventures in a supernatural universe where vampires and weres and other fantasy creatures exist. Plus she gets with some pretty hot guys (<3 Eric Northman and Quinn)

6.  What book would you love to see turned into a movie?
I can't wait to see World War Z on the big screen, it was such an interesting read!

7.  What is your all-time favorite book?
I guess maybe Catcher in the Rye as it's a classic I never get tired of

8.  How many books do you read at once?
Depends if you count self-help books like Chicken Soup or child-rearing books as I tend to keep those as bathroom reading. Other than that, maybe 2 at the most but I like to read one book at a time if I can.

9.  What is your favorite book genre?
Definitely the fantasy/sci-fi section of the books store!

10.  Which Harry Potter book is the best?  Or haven’t you read them at all?
The 3rd one - Prisoner of Azkaban. I liked the book a lot and the movie is probably my favorite one too!

1 comment:

  1. So many of our answers are the same! ^_^ I was going to say Sookie too, because Jen and I think Eric's awesome - and Jen calls me Sookie as a nick name, but I had to go with Pam. I lurve her!!!

    And I agree, the 3rd HP book rocked! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

What's your thoughts?