7.28.2011

Book Survey

Angie posted this book survey not too long ago and I thought it would be fun to do and share!

1. Favorite book - To be honest, I don't reallly think I have just 1 favorite. I have several I really liked and some series I really love/d but as far as one single book that stands out above all the rest... I can't really think of one!

2. Least favorite book - Breaking Dawn, the last book in the Twilight Saga. This is honestly THE WORST book I have ever read. Took me nearly 2 weeks to wade through that piece of crap and it was just horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE! It built up to a climax that never happened, was longer than necessary and it was just a terrible book in general. I want those 2 weeks back, Stephanie Meyer.

3. Book that makes you laugh out loud - This Chicken Soup for the New Mom's Soul book I recently got. Kids really do say the darndest things! lol...

4. Book that makes you cry - I almost cried at the end of book 10 in the Sookie Stackhouse series when a certain character gets killed off at the end. Granted, they already killed off this character in the TV series so I have no clue how they plan on doing some of the Sookie storylines from the later books, but it was a character I really started to like in the books and it was so sad to see them go!

5. Book you wish you could live in - The Sookie Stackhouse books, of course! All the supernatural creatures you read about in fantasy actually co-existing and coming out about it to the world?? How neat!

6. Favorite young adult book - I guess the Harry Potter books, although I don't really read much young adult fiction these days, I'm usually picking books up in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy or Mystery/Thriller sections

7. Book that you can quote/recite
-
Probably none, as I don't often reread books

8. Book that scares you - World War Z was a bit scary in the sense that the way it was written made the whole Zombie Apocalypse seem like a real possibility!

9. Book that makes you sick - Not really sure...

10. Book that changed your life - I guess maybe Jesus Freaks: Voice of the Martyrs as reading what some of these people went through all because they refused to turn their back on their faith was pretty inspirational!

11. Book from your favorite author - Currently my favorite author is Charlaine Harris who wrote the Sookie Stackhouse books, so I guess that whole series

12. Book that is most like your life - Chicken Soup for the New Mom's Soul, I can totally identify with that one!

13. Book whose main character is most like you - I've been told I remind people of Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter series!

14. Book whose main character you want to marry - Eric Northman from the Sookie Stackhouse series

15. First "chapter book" you remember reading as a child - Not sure if I read it or if my mom read it to me but I remember we read The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by CS Lewis together. Otherwise I'd probably say it was Meet Samantha from the American Girl Doll books

16. Longest book you've read - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which is 870 pages

17. Shortest book you've read
- probably one of Jay's board books that's like 4-6 pages, lol...

18. Book you're most embarrassed to say you like - The Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking. It was littered with typos and gramatical & sentence errors throughout but I liked it enough to keep reading all 3 books. Take the cheesy/corny-ness of Twilight plus the teenage romance and make it about a troll changeling who goes home to her kingdom and you basically have this series. It was dumb, but I liked it.

19. Book that turned you on - there's several parts in the Sookie Stackhouse books that turned me on & I ended up waking up hubby for, lol...

20. Book you've read the most number of times - I don't really reread books... I guess I would say Catcher in the Rye and Huckleberry Finn as I read them for class at 2 different times in high school.

21. Favorite picture book from childhood - Goodnight Moon, Monster at the End of the Book, Pokey Little Puppy, I Help My Mommy, The House that Had Enough... I'm sure I could go on!

22. Book you plan to read next - I'd like to read Game of Thrones but that all depends on whether or not hubby ever finishes reading it (I've read like 4 books already since he's started it), if not... either The Stand or Hunger Games.

23. Book you tell people you've read, but haven't (or haven't actually finished) - I started reading Lord of the Rings once but couldn't get past the 2nd chapter, I got too bored.

24. Book that contains your favorite scene - I... don't know.

25. Favorite book you read in school - Catcher in the Rye

26. Favorite nonfiction book - The Chicken Soup books. I love those!

27. Favorite fiction book - the Harry Potter series and the Sookie Stackhouse books

28. Last book you read - Physical book: The Girl Who Played With Fire by Steig Larsson (I want to read book 3 but it doesn't come out in trade paperbook like the rest until March 2012!!!), eBook: Ascend, book 3 in the Trylle Trilogy

29. Book you're currently reading - I just started reading The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland Into a Ship of Her Own Making which I won in @AmyGeek's blog giveaway a few months back.

30. Favorite coffee table book - The 2 that I have: Mythology - the DC Comics Art of Alex Ross (I LOVE his art and technique!) and the Wicked Grimmerie

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your thoughts?