12.10.2009

Amusing things that happen at work

For my "day job" I work as a graphic artist for a small family owned business, however my job is not limited to just designing ads as I also get stuck doing mailing among other office related tasks.

In my office, there is the owner and his wife who does secretarial type stuff, who are both in their 70s, as well as their son, who I would guess to be in his late 30s or early 40s. Father and son run the business.

Well in addition to the random moment of "old person vs modern technology" and or the occasional times where the owner gets frustrated with something his wife is doing (or not doing fast enough) and they start yelling at each other, there have been some standout moments of hilarity.

  • One that stands out, took place a few months ago. Son was going to run over to McDonalds and pick up some food and offered to get some for mom and dad. Mom said she wanted something and a "senior pop." Son was all "uh mom... I'm not a senior, they're not going to just give me the senior drink." And she was like "Oh sure they will - just ask." Then son was "But mom... I'm not a senior!" She told him to just ask. It was a pretty funny exchange though that lasted for a good minute or so!
  • Then, just earlier today, I walked into son's office to show him an ad I had been working on and wanted his opinion for it. As he's looking the ad over, I notice that pulled up on his computer is the popular, addictive Facebook game "Farmville"! It took everything in me not to bust out laughing when I saw that!

I'll be sure to post more random hilarity that occurs at work on here in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your thoughts?