11.05.2008

If you voted for Obama, please answer me this question

Okay so the real point of this 'note' is about halfway through, as I feel I need to make my stance on the issue and why I feel how I do clear, so bare with me for a few paragraphs first.

So I know the issue of abortion doesn't seem to be one of the more 'important' topics in the this past election, but it's a topic I've always been passionate about.

As most of you know, for the most part, I'm pro-life. I used to be all hardcore "ban abortion, period." but since high school I've come to terms with the fact that there may be a few instances where it can be accepted, specifically when it comes to the life of the mother being endangered - i believe someone should have the right to decide whether they or their own unborn child lives.

I think South Dakota's proposed Measure 11, a proposed ban on all abortions except in the case of incest, rape, and serious threat to the health of the mother, was a great idea! I think in all other cases there is no point in destroying an innocent life. Being too young to be responsible for the consequences of your actions is not an excuse to have an abortion. If you choose to have sex yet you cannot afford or support a child and you end up pregnant, that is still no excuse to have an abortion. There tons of couples and people out there who unfortunately cannot conceive a child of their own and would love to adopt! Because of the demand for couples wanting to adopt there are huge waiting lists!

Yet people continue to abort the unborn because they don't want to deal with the consequences of their actions. Every time you have sex you run the risk of getting pregnant. Condoms can break. Birth control can be counteracted by mistake. Don't believe me? My husband was conceived while my mother in law was on birth control. He has cousins who are the result of a condom that broke. It happens. While some methods are more effective than others, there is still that .01% chance it could happen even when you're being smart.

I also think "partial-birth" abortions are sick and twisted and don't understand how anyone can possibly be in favor of that! Liberals said it was inhumane for the way we were treating terriorst prisoners - people who want us dead and will stop at nothing - yet they support a procedure that involves sucking out the skull of fetus who is almost completely out of the womb. Is really killing a partially born child like that humane? You gotta be kidding me!

When your cervix is dilated like that, you're going to labor, meaning, your baby is being born. What the partial birth abortionist does is turn the baby around, so its feet come out first, stop it right around the neck, so the only part still inside the woman is the head and then they remove the brain and other material inside the skull and then they remove the dead infant body and dispose of it, like it was nothing. Is this honestly necessary?? Why would you wait at least 5 months to decide you don't want to have your child? By then your child already has fingerprints! People that choose and support this disgust as do the liberals that support this but think we're being inhumane to terrorist prisoners.


**********************
Now, onto the whole point of this note, now that I made my stance on the issue.

I've asked multiple friends the last few months who are Obama supporters to please tell me 1 thing - anything - he has done for our great state of Illinois the whole 4 years he's been our senator aside from the last 2 years he's spent campaigning and voting 'present' on major issues in congress. The only response I got was that he's still made all the meetings while being on the campaign trail. That's great, but that's not what I was asking.

Reading through a friend's political notes, I found something he did do while working for the Illinois senate.

In 2003, when he was a senate chairman, he voted down a state bill - not once, not twice, but 4 times! - to protect live-born survivors of abortion – even after the panel had amended the bill to contain verbatim language, copied from a federal bill passed by Congress without objection in 2002.

The Born Alive Infant Protection acts on the state and federal levels provide that infants who do survive abortions should be given necessary medical care and treatment. World Net Daily columnist Jill Stanek has been working to institute such provisions since, as a nurse, she discovered an abortion-surviving infant alive, but relegated to a closet shelf where the child was left to die.

Isn't that technically considered neglect? Parent's who neglect their kids are typically punished by the government - because a child was born instead of aborted doesn't give someone the right to leave it for dead. Once again, there are plenty out there who would love to adopt! Obama has been quoted saying that the first issue he would deal with as president is to make all abortions at any time legal for any reason, striking down all local, state and federal restrictions.

If an abortion's botched, and the child is born, what gives anyone the right perform infantcide?! How is that not murder?? An infant cannot defend itself. Why should it be left for dead just because you may not want it? Just because you don't want it doesn't mean someone else wouldn't. What did it ever do to you? Nothing. It's a completely innocent, defenseless human being, that was brought into the world because of you and because you didn't get your way you just leave it for dead.

Somehow that doesn't seem right to me.

Those of you that voted for Obama, did you realize that he supports this and are you really okay with that?

I'm not asking who would have been best for the election so let's not turn this into that. I'm just wondering, those of you that voted for Obama, did you realize that he supports this and are you really okay with that?

And granted, I really hate bringing religion into politics because we all know that never goes well and just turns into a big fight... but if you're a Christian and voted for Obama, how can you really support this? I don't mean to criticize those of you, I'm just really honestly curious and would like to understand your thinking - so please, don't hesitate to share and try to explain it to me, I really want to know.

Thanks for taking the time! This was something I came across at work and felt passionate enough to post a note about it. Again, these are *my* views and opinions - we're each entitled to our own, so please don't freak out at me and think "omg stop forcing your religious conservative views on me!" but I would really like to understand the way the rest of you think.

Also, some maybe wondering why I'm so gun-ho about abortion and adoption right now.
Aside from the election, it's simple really. Next month I'm undergoing surgery on my cervix to remove some abnormal cell growths. While it's a standard procedure and my doctor assured me that out of all the possible ways to remove it, this was by far the safest, easiest and most recommended, there's still the possibility that something could go wrong. I fully trust my doctor knows what he's doing, but there's always the possibility my body won't respond correctly or heal properly - there's a very small chance my cervix could close up making it so I can't ever have kids - as it is, after this procedure I'll be at risk for premature labor, as that's one of the main risks associated with it. If something goes wrong and I can't have babies, then the only way for Josh and I are to have kids will be through adoption.

I'm so sick of people taking for granted the fact that they can reproduce and then just aborting for the sake of their own convenience rather than deal with it for 9 months and then put the child up for adoption for a couple or person who isn't as fortunate to be able to produce babies. It just makes me sick that a lot of people view abortion like this.


Sources:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=72511
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=75788

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your thoughts?