1.09.2009

Totally Minnie

I can't believe I found this (well okay, I can since you can pretty much find anything on da interwebz these days). When I was real little we used to record shows and specials off TV onto a VHS tape I had, but unfortunately *someone* taped over it and I was a sad little kid for awhile cuz some of these specials never aired again! It had some Ducktales special, a live action Peter Pan special, Jim Henson's The Christmas Toy (which I got for Christmas on DVD this year! woot!), and this Minnie Mouse Special.

It's been bugging me all week what this show was, cuz I heard "I'm So Excited" by the Pointer Sisters and had flashbacks to the clip of Fantasia with the hippos and the alligators dancing cuz it's part of a music video they put in this Minnie Special, as is "Don't Go Breaking my Heart" which gets turned into a cute duet between Elton John and Minnie Mouse (a la "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" style with the live action and animation together).

The show is called Totally Minnie and it aired in like the mid-late 80s (I was probably at least 3, so '87 at the earliest) and stars Suzanne Sommers and Robert Caradine (Robert Caradine's brother, who played the dad on Lizzie Maguire - the Disney show Hilary Duff got her big break on). Gotta love the 80s clothes and music! And the Bruce Willis/Cybil Shepard comments are pretty amusing too since that was sooooo long ago! It's got some classic Disney clips spliced in too, including one of Walt Disney and Donald Duck.

I'm only posting the few that I had memories of when I heard the Pointer Sisters and Elton John on the radio this week, but I'd suggest if you got 20-30 min watching all 14 videos (the last few combined are about 15 min while the ones before are only 2-3 min each) starting with the opening and closing with part 13 (if you follow the Youtube sequence on the left of the video screen, posted by lizzym3).

Enjoy!

Part 9: Elton John & Minnie Mouse "Don't Go Breaking My Heart"


Part 13: Pointer Sisters "I'm So Excited" and closing credits

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your thoughts?